Monday, February 18, 2013

I am here.

This first grading period has been a little weird. In fact, this whole year has been off for me. I've gotten sick a couple of times, and it's messed up with my routine. Despite that obstacle, I think I've been doing pretty good this first grading period. I'm proud of my lit terms quizzes. I'm really getting the hang of those words (except for that slight mishap this Friday!) I have been working on being more organized, but I slipped a little bit when I got sick. I'm working to get back on track for that! My senior project is laggin' a bit... I don't wanna reveal what it is yet, so don't bug. :) Hahaha, just messin' around. Preston did point out one thing that I've been thinking about lately, about my writing. Sometimes, I write like how I talk. My tone is way too familiar and filled with a sort of slang when I should be formal and more intelligent sounding. I'm gonna work on that for sure (another SMART goal maybe?)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it looks like you haven’t posted the literary terms 83-108 yet. It has been marked in the grade book but I look forward to seeing them when you get around to posting them. If you need help with the content or are having technical issues, feel free to email me or one of the other virtual TAs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to improve your formality in your writing is to imagine that your essay is a defense that will be picked apart by the prosecuting lawyer. I did that a couple times and it worked well for me.
    It looks like you didn’t do the literary terms; I look forward to seeing them when you get the chance to post them.
    I look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete