Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tools That Change the Way We Think

    All this internet/media/technology has changed my way of thinking by helping think for me. I've thought about how easy it is for me to just Google an answer to a question I know, rather than spend a few minutes trying to brainstorm how to solve it. I used to believe that I couldn't possibly depend on the internet or my technology for everything, but lately I can use it for things I never would have dreamed of using it for, like math problems! It is so much different from middle school, where you could spend hours on one problem. Now if it's giving you too much trouble, you can just type in some phrase for help and it gives you the solution! Insane. This isn't always as helpful as it can be though. All the internet and technology has to offer can be just as distracting, and you can waste plenty of your free time sitting in front of your computer screen or scrolling through your smart phone instead of doing something productive. Even thought the use of all this technology can be helpful and/or hurtful it still kind of scares me that I've become to dependent on it. There won't go a day without me checking my phone at least once or turning on my computer.  It has changed not only my way of thinking but my way of life as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment