Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Thoughts: Today's Socratic Seminar

Oh Socratic Seminars... how delightfully interesting. I myself am never one to jump in, since I am one of those people who can easily change their mind if you support your claim with a good solid fact. This Socratic Seminar was very interesting, even though time was short and only a few people spoke. I'm actually not quite sure if there was a disagreement or debate going on (although now that I think about it, Beka and Ashlie did have a little "back and forth" action back there) but I do think some good points were thrown out into the open. Katherine's especially got me thinking a bit, when she was trying to distinguish the difference between preference opinion and factual opinion. That stuck with me,  for I believe that you are entitled to a preferential opinion, such as "I think these shoes match that top" whereas you are not entitled to saying "Those shoes are the best match for that top." I probably would've added that in had it occured to me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment