Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Additional Thoughts.

Being a person with a big tendency to be distracted from priorities, interruptions can become dangerous to my thinking process. When I get in the zone, I can write and write and write until the cows come home. Ideas are bouncing around on the inside of my skull, waiting to be unleashed through the tip of my pen. Yet once that Facebook page is up, or that ringtone starts ringing, or that person calls my attention away from my work, downhill it goes. So of course, after coming back from the library, I found my mind not on the same level as it was when I began the essay. Thinking about not having enough time and lots of other thoughts (not English-related, sorry to say) were clogging up my brain, and I didn't get to exactly finish the essay the way I wanted.

I had barely started my third paragraph, I believe, starting to compare and contrast the writing styles of Montaigne and Austen. Listing off comparisons is always the easier part, hence why I almost always start with comparisons. But with contrasting, it's much more different. If my mind wasn't so cluttered and distracted, I could've been slowly but surely coming up with a few to tie up that paragraph before starting on a decent conclusion. Austen had a more emotional writing style than Montaigne had in her novel, due to the fact that she was creating a more dramatic story. I had more contrasts in my mind, but alas, my mind just cannot recall those thoughts.

It did occur to me after I left that I might have even wrote a bit too hastily, and jumbled up the beginning just a tad. That's what hurrying one's work does, I suppose. This is essay was definitely not my best attempt, but there are plenty more to come where redeeming myself is definitely possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment